2021 September Sessions:
4 Thursdays, 9am-10am EDT
Online on zoom
I’m excited to work with you on your writing projects for the fall and discuss goals, blocks, and organization strategies for writing! This small group will focus on guiding writers through their specific projects and goals. The group is capped at 6 participants. These sessions will be run as a writing consulting meeting, with a focus on your individual projects and goals and weekly advice!
In these meetings, we will check in with each writer and focus on:
- group goal-setting and weekly accountability
- writing & surviving capitalism
- the business of writing and balancing writing with life
- project organization & planning
- the writer’s mental health
- sustainable writing practices and habits
- writing for the self vs. writing for audiences
- submitting to literary magazines
- maintaining stamina and inspiration for long projects
- developing your unique voice
- personalized writing assignments and reading recommendations
These meetings will re-center your writing practice in your life and make sure that you’re on track to complete your current projects while still giving yourself grace and empathy. The goal is to understand better how you work and what systems, habits, or strategies will best serve you. I’ll offer individual advice and exercises to everyone, and engaging with your fellow writers and hearing about everyone’s different processes will also inspire new possibilities in writing for you!
For all four sessions in September, the price is $111. There is one scholarship available for a writer of color, email me (email@example.com) if you’d like that spot!
If you’re an alumni of one of my classes, or a past consulting client, please sign up directly! If we haven’t worked together before, I would love it if you could email me a short 5-page writing sample and tell me a bit about your writing goals.
After payment, you will receive the zoom link for our meetings. I will also send out a welcome email one week before the session starts which will include the zoom link again, and our group google drive where we’ll do our collective goal setting each week.
9/2, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23
Some quick policy notes:
- refunds and pro-rated refunds will be available in the case of cancellation
- Meetings will not be recorded to protect the safe and vulnerable sharing of our artistic process. If you miss a live meeting, I’d like to make it up with you via email, where you can send me your goals and challenges for the week and I can respond with suggestions and goals for the following week.